Last movie you watched

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby erilaz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:39 pm

^ I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I added it to My List after I saw Tilda Swinton promoting it on one of the late night talk shows. The director, Bong Joon Ho, has directed a couple of my favorite Korean films, Barking Dogs Never Bite and The Host.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby erilaz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:05 pm

The Old Dark House — An entertaining pre-Code horror-comedy from 1932, directed by James Whale (Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, The Bride of Frankenstein). During a violent rainstorm, travelers are stranded at a spooky old house in the Welsh mountains, inhabited by a strange family and their bearded, scarred, mute butler, played by the great Boris Karloff.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:06 pm

I recently watched Alien: Covenant and Life (2017), not exactly back to back, but within a couple of weeks of each other. In my opinion, Life, which was basically a ripoff of the Alien "claustrophobic death ship" trope, was a much better Alien movie than Covenant. The characters were better rounded. Their motivations were clearer. Their unforced errors were more reasonable and more organically derived. The twist ending was a better twist. Covenant was just frustrating because the characters made all the stupid mistakes that the crew made in Prometheus. I understand that there was no way for them to learn from the mistakes of another crew in a different film but they didn't even learn from their own mistakes in the same goddamn film they were already in.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby rikkikow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 am

^ You would think movie characters had never seen a sci-fi movie before. Everybody knows that you never, ever, open the freaking air lock for anybody! :hehe:
Who are we?
rikkikow
Minion

Postby Zunu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:26 am

Also, "let's split up to cover more ground" is never a good idea in any movie ever.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Previous

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film