Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Happy Birthday! XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby erilaz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:04 pm

So, Starra, you've been part of the JPM/JPLOP family for half your life now?

Happy Birthday!
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Denki » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Happy birthday!
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki
Devotee

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby rikkikow » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Happy Birthday Starra! :flowers:
Who are we?
rikkikow
Minion

Postby resop2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Happy B-day OG Starra!
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Starra » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks, guys! :thumbs-up: Didn't do much but had a good day. Hopefully going out for lunch tomorrow.

My dad's visiting and he and I went to a house his family owns that's about 5 hours away on the opposite side of the South Island (and a bit further down). It's pretty remote and in the bush (no internet, etc) but it's a very nice part of the world. We heard some native birds (including a couple of weka that were screeching away at like, 1AM) but didn't see any kiwis (although they have been spotted there before, apparently). There are already a lot of tourists driving around and it's not even peak tourist season yet :crazy:. NZ roads are tough to drive on, too, and in the South Island there are a lot of roadworks - some of the roads damaged in the earthquake over a year ago still aren't properly open/repaired. And they're rebuilding a lot of bridges. And building new ones. One of the bridges we crossed was only one-way traffic and had a train track running across it. Thankfully we didn't see any trains... :fear:

erilaz wrote:So, Starra, you've been part of the JPM/JPLOP family for half your life now?

Happy Birthday!

That was a few years ago :lol:. I think I started posting when I was... 11 or 12? Maybe younger? I don't remember. Definitely before I was 14 though, lol. 14 was when I had my back surgery and I was posting before that (I was browsing JPM in hospital :fear:).

EDIT: Oh, also: thanks for always putting up with my bullshit, guys! :heart:
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 am

Happy :yahoo:
24th :o
birthday :cake:
Starra! :starra:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm not sure if that's on dec 2nd or 3rd because time difference and I haven't been on in a day but, hopefully-not-happy-belated-birthday!!! :D
(though it probably is)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby boinsie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:40 pm

It wouldn't be your birthday without people wishing it to you late! Happy birthday, lady! :starra:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Starra » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 pm

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:I'm not sure if that's on dec 2nd or 3rd because time difference and I haven't been on in a day but, hopefully-not-happy-belated-birthday!!! :D
(though it probably is)

It was the 3rd when you posted but don't worry about it lol, timezones are tricky :lol:.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:04 pm

I had a fun time at the Silent Siren show at Slim's in San Francisco tonight. Since the venue is quite small and I already had two photos of myself with them anyway, I decided not to fork out the extra money for the VIP ticket. That turned out to be a smart choice, because...

Spoiler: show
...it put me in the right place to catch the autographed towel that Yukarun threw into the audience during the last song! :grin:

One of my friends at the show told me that NECRONOMIDOL are coming to the Bottom of the Hill in S.F. on Dec. 22nd. TotallyUncool, will you be going to see them at the Whisky on the 15th? They seem to be right up your alley.

https://straight-from-japan.com/2017/11 ... ip-update/
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 pm

I have my ticket fot the show at the Whisky - it should be a very interesting gig!
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Late-night random double-post:

This is what happens when you watch anime on acid...

TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby resop2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 am

I don't claim to know everything about technology, but even I can tell when things are just hopeless. This year
I encountered two different things from the linux/android world that "I can't even" about:

1) Ubuntu: I started the year with an 16.whatever Ubuntu distro on my virtual box. Then they started doing core
programs updates EVERY DAY. Within a couple of weeks of this the distro wouldn't even boot. So I tried loading
their version 17.whatever distro. Huge mistake. It came with a new desktop environment that couldn't do the most
elementary things that one would want to do with a desktop (you know, put stuff on it). And, it would crash every
five minutes. Could it have hurt them to at least alpha test their release before declaring it was their six months
guaranteed to be stable build? I switched to cinnamon mint and have only had minimal problems so far.

2) Android. How can an OS expect anyone to take them seriously if the default file manager for tablets cannot do
at least half of the tasks that one would expect a file manager to do? Try copy and pasting a file. It will let you
"copy" a file, but there is absolutely no way at all to paste something. There is no way to drag and drop files.
This alone will turn off many people interested in Android. The only solution I know to this problem is to yank out
the mini-SD card, put it in an adapter, and plug the adapter into my PC.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm

I generally don't do much with Ubuntu, but I had to install it on a VM a while ago to document some Docker-based command-line stuff, and that new interface just threw me completely - I still don't understand the decision-making processes that led up to it: "Let's hide everything except maybe five or six items, then let the user go on a big, adventure-filled treasure hunt to figure out how to add anything else!" :blink:

I have an unfortunate tendency to buy old computers at thrift shops and yard sales (when they're dirt-cheap and look like they could be useful, or at least interesting), and I usually wind up wiping the HD and installing Linux -- for ones with enough RAM, I prefer Mageia (the current version of the Mandrake/Mandriva lineage, or fork, or whatever), and for the lower-capacity ones, either Antix or Puppy, all of which have exactly the kind of desktop and utility features that you'd expect. But I've tried Mint, and it is very nice.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby esm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 am

So it was like 60 degrees F yesterday and today it's been much colder and also really windy since early morning. I could just hear it from my apartment. It's apparently 33°F but feels like 19°F.
esm
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:15 am

it's about 70 F in El Segundo right now, and probably a little warmer in Covina. There's a relatively warm and very dry Santa Ana wind blowing down from the high desert, through the mountain passes, and into the valleys.
I can see the smoke from the big fire in Ventura County coming up on the far side of the mountains (not just a few wisps, either - it looks like it's large, and much closer than it really is, which means that it's even bigger than it looks), and I know that the San Gabriel mountains an the other ranges ithe L. A. area haven't burned so far this season. It would be nice to see some rain, but at this point, it looks like the area's going to get highs in the 80s, with low humidity, and just about zero chance of rain.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Celedam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 am

Celedam wrote:I'm ready for a hard freeze — the box-elder bugs and stink bugs are getting ridiculous here.

A stink bug update…

Earlier today, I went out onto my balcony to put up Christmas lights. I used a secondary door that I rarely use (something is currently blocking the primary door), and lo, what did I find but a big cluster of stink bugs hiding in the door frame. They were still alive and apparently hiding from the cold, almost freezing wind.

I tried to knock them down and outside, but they were right there in the door frame so about half of them fell inside. And since they fell inside, I had to do what I was trying to avoid: vacuum them up. Thus I got a fresh reminder of why they're called stink bugs, months after their season was supposed to be over.

Ick.

At least it's cold enough that the furnace is running pretty regularly, so the stink won't be around for long.

I'm kinda dreading the next time I change the vacuum bag, though. I have an entire season's worth of bugs in there.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 am

We get stink bugs all the time at work. They were pretty bad this year. Occasionally they’d fall from the ceiling and land on your shoulder or spear crawling on our desks. A few times they would actually use their wings and fly into the light. Thankfully they are easy to catch and I throw them outside. They are more annoying than anything.

Yesterday was a first though. We had a bird in our work! In the morning two of my coworkers told me they saw a bird. But they didn’t know where it went. A little while later I go walking to the stockroom to get something and there is the bird freaking out at the back door. I slowly went down to open the door but it flew off before I got the door fully open. I made a ton of noise though so other coworkers were coming out to see what I was doing. With the bird semi blocked with other people around and me with the door open. It flew out and over to a tree.
I hope it eventually finds his flock.

We still have no clue how he got in.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 am

I, um, saw a raccoon crossing the street the other day
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project