Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:37 pm

soooo I've been gone for like, two weeks now pretty much (just been pretty much lurking), i work from 9am-10pm every day, and the house my job has boarded us in finally got wi-fi so hopefully i'm back c:
what exactly is this rinappu haircut i haven't seen? LOL
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby resop2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:22 am

She has since modified it, but it started as a shorter haircut with a severe part that made her look like she had a receding hairline.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby resop2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:34 am

It appears that Windows is not capable of recognizing my tablet. I guess my only method now of transferring files is by google drive.

edit: Arrrgggghhhh! What should have taken five minutes will now take six hours. I cannot download folders from drive. I can only download one
file
at
a
time.
Last edited by resop2 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Zunu » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 am

If you have WiFi something like this might work for you. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sfer&hl=en.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby resop2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 am

Wow, just like that, finished.

I bow to your tech greatness.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:49 pm

I just bought an Acer X1161 SVGA projector at a thrift shop for $29.95 - the cheapest one I could find online is about ten times that much. It was missing the remote, so I ordered a knockoff version for about $11.00. It works - I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it, but I couldn't pass it up. XD

HOT PSEUDO-LINGUISTICS NEWS!
On a completely different level, I've been following Janelle Shane's neural networks blog (where she's been feeding various pop- and high-culture databases int neural-network systems, and getting strange and very creative results). She gave the system a large database of Harry Potter fanfic titles + synopses, and the output is, needless to say, strange. Some of the material was in languages other than English, and the network obligingly cranked out some synopses in what appears at first glance to be some kind of largely Romance-language-based artifical language (although it is, I imagine, the True Language of Gibberish). :mikihead:
It also did some very strang e ships. :fear:
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Starra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

That's it, lads. We've reached the pinnacle of technology. Pack up your things, it's time to go home.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby erilaz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 am

Anyone can be replaced by a machine now. Even Hans von Hozel.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Starra » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Maybe we are the machines :fear:.

Humans are shitty, machines are inherently better than us to begin with. Actually, everything is better than humans. Except mosquitoes.
Starra
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 pm

And parasitic crustaceans. Some of them (particularly the ones that take control of their hosts' brains) just aren't nice at all. :fear:
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Does anyone have a solution for Dailymotion videos showing up as an entirely different video when embedded? I didn't have that problem with the long URL format, but they seem to have done away with those and now when I embed a video - it doesn't matter who uploaded it - it shows up as some random, usually Spanish-language video.

It's incredibly frustrating. I can suss out what the long URL would be for videos with english titles, but it's impossible if it's in Japanese.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby boinsie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:59 am

My netbook was super slow & its display was going out, so I decided to finally replace it with a Surface Pro 3.
I really like it, but it's my first foray into Windows 10. Is there really no way to switch between languages other than the now-default Windows+Space, or one of these other options?:

Since Win'95 I've been using the old (?) default of "Alt+`", but this seems to no longer be an option at all. It allows you to set custom shortcuts for each language seperately, but then it would have to be something different to get INTO Japanese than to get OUT OF Japanese.

I'm aware that it's not a shortcut that's used cross-platform (on my Linux box I think I set it up to be Alt+Tab, because Alt+` is already used as a system command for something else), but I guess I'm just perplexed that Windows would change what I had considered a widely used shortcut.
boinsie
Guru

Postby esm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:08 am

Making a few extra bucks this summer by helping a fellow student flip his Airbnb between guests. So far it has involved a little more than I expected... like crawling under a tiny bed (which was super messy) to look for things, duct-taping an air mattress to seal it (the plug was missing), and dealing with picky guests. But it's been pretty fun, and extra money is good. The guy paid me extra for the day I went above and beyond to deal with the air mattress situation. :lol:
esm
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm

That reminds me of the one summer I spent in college working for a student moving company. I've done a lot of moving in my life, and I know how to lift heavy furniture. You take out the drawers, or you take the things out of the drawers, or preferably both. But that's not the way you do it if you're a student mover. You pick up the whole dresser with all the crap in the drawers and you carry it, and you just ignore the fact that your arm wants to come out of its socket. XD
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Starra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm

So it's been a bit cold in NZ lately. Glad I'm not there! I will be next week though. Hopefully the weather sorts itself out by then.

It's also a good thing I don't live in Wellington anymore.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Amped » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:18 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Does anyone have a solution for Dailymotion videos showing up as an entirely different video when embedded? I didn't have that problem with the long URL format, but they seem to have done away with those and now when I embed a video - it doesn't matter who uploaded it - it shows up as some random, usually Spanish-language video.

It's incredibly frustrating. I can suss out what the long URL would be for videos with english titles, but it's impossible if it's in Japanese.

I figured it out, but its a complicated solution

Since they now removed the long links and you can no longer embed like we used to here on JPLOP, I tried many ways to get it to work with the short links so it shows the correct video.

example of Dailymotion's short link by embedding it the normal way. It doesn't show the correct video :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5tggvq

you need to add an "_" after the link and the category of the video (example creative = creation) (TV and Comedy = fun)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5tggvq_creation

Nebraska0405 uses the category creative for his videos

the only problem is : finding or guessing the video's correct category.
http://www.dailymotion.com/us/browse

for NEWS type _news
for COMEDY & ENTERTAINMENT type _fun
for CREATIVE type _creation
for MOVIES type _shortfilm
MUSIC _music
Lifestyle & How-to _lifestyle

i got the categories and its shortcut name from the source code.
Spoiler: show
</h3><span class="icon-close js-oldie-close"></span></div><![endif]--><div id="content" ><div class="most-viewed-today mrg-btm-xl pdg-btm-xl"><h2 class="font-xxl mrg-btm-xl js-carousel-link"><a class='link-on-hvr' href="/us/trending">Most Viewed Today</a><div class="mo_submenu js-categories-submenu pull-end font-md mrg-top-md"><div id="submenu_59680842adea6" class="hidden"><div class="mo_submenu_content clearfix span-9"><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us" data-category="all" data-category-uri="/us" class="strong foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">All Categories</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/news" data-category="news" data-category-uri="/us/channel/news" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">News</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/fun" data-category="fun" data-category-uri="/us/channel/fun" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Comedy & Entertainment</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/shortfilms" data-category="shortfilms" data-category-uri="/us/channel/shortfilms" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Movies</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/music" data-category="music" data-category-uri="/us/channel/music" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Music</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/auto" data-category="auto" data-category-uri="/us/channel/auto" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Cars</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/travel" data-category="travel" data-category-uri="/us/channel/travel" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Travel</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/creation" data-category="creation" data-category-uri="/us/channel/creation" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Creative</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/videogames" data-category="videogames" data-category-uri="/us/channel/videogames" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Gaming</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/webcam" data-category="webcam" data-category-uri="/us/channel/webcam" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Webcam</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/sport" data-category="sport" data-category-uri="/us/channel/sport" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Sports</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/animals" data-category="animals" data-category-uri="/us/channel/animals" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Animals</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/people" data-category="people" data-category-uri="/us/channel/people" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Celeb</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/tech" data-category="tech" data-category-uri="/us/channel/tech" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Tech</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/lifestyle" data-category="lifestyle" data-category-uri="/us/channel/lifestyle" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Lifestyle & How-to</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/latino" data-category="latino" data-category-uri="/us/channel/latino" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Latino</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/tv" data-category="tv" data-category-uri="/us/channel/tv" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">TV</span></div></a></div></div><div class="pull-start span-3"><div class="mo_submenu_linkcontainer"><a href="/us/channel/kids" data-category="kids" data-category-uri="/us/channel/kids" class=" foreground2 mo_submenu_link "><div class="pdg-btm-sm pdg-top-sm mo_submenu_linkinner"><i class="mo_submenu_linkicon icon icon-check no-opacity font-sm pdg-end-md"></i><span class="mo_submenu_linklabel">Kids</span>

another option is to post the dailymotion link to twitter and watch on there.
Amped
Priest

Postby boinsie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Wow, thanks Amped!! :notworthy:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

^ Seconding this, thanks Amped! I've never come close to figuring out how to deal with that issue. I know I'll be referencing your post later for those category tags.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Apropos of Amped's post, I'm mulling over the idea of having a BEST OF JPLOP/ PRESERVED DUCK thread which would be read only and just consist of super-interesting/informative posts like that which deserve not to get lost in all of the other random/ephemeral junk that we discuss on a daily basis. Might need a couple more classic posts to get the ball rolling, so if anybody has any ideas...?
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Would it just be posts from the random duck thread, or all over jplop? It seems like it should include important posts from pretty much anywhere...
TotallyUncool
#Member

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project