Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby Starra » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Should be all good, this was to be expected after all!

Glad I got to go to Japan before my heart got any worse.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shoujo Q » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I leave for Europe tonight. Thank god it's tonight and not this morning. Because it's 2 in the morning and I can't sleep. I haven't been able to sleep right all week and I'm fearing my gal bladder is acting up again, which isn't good because if I have an attack overseas I feel like that would not be fun. @-@ I hope it's all just exciting nerves and I'm just unintentionally working myself into a frenzy or something. My poor mother is nervous as hell. This is her first trip overseas and she's been in a panicked state for days making sure everything is ready. I don't need her worrying about me.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Moh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 am

Got back home yesterday. A lot of places that are usually lively were completely dead. There's a curfew in town since there's still a lack of power.

There was a lot of water off the side of the road we go down to get to the house. They've been pumping it out for a couple days. I had a major freak out when I saw it. :)

The house was pretty much unscathed. Ended up sleeping there last night since hotels were either closed or booked. It was miserable! But now we're at a little hotel so that's okay.
Moh
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am

I'm glad that your house was OK!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Starra » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm

So I got to try out some mobility scooters today... They're pretty neat things. Heaps of people (mostly elderly) have them here because it's flat and rather small.

I might be able to get funding for one, which would help a lot. I find it hard to walk (and carry things) and if I had a mobility scooter it would motivate me to get out of the house (since I uh, can't do that by myself because anxiety is fucking fun!) and gain at least a little bit of independence. At least living in a small town is less overwhelming than living in a city. In some ways.

Also, if my heart is getting that much worse, a mobility scooter would be even more useful.

I keep wanting to run people over in it. Not that I would. But it's tempting. That's probably not a good thing, right? :fear:
Starra
Prophet

Postby Moh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:02 am

Power was restored last night. :notworthy: Have internet and TV, but still no cell service. At least the house is cool now.
Moh
Prophet

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 am

I'm on a cruise right now with my family. My mother found Some gay couple from Miami who are like, it wasn't THAT bad it was all hype, we were fine. And I'm like, guuurl I got like 5 friends I know who don't even have power yet. God I wish i was there when they said he hat. I wonder have gave them two snaps and a milkshake.
Shoujo Q

Postby Moh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Anyone who wants to say it wasn't that bad should go to Monroe County or Highlands County.
Highlands is right below my county, but they're at 67% power loss while we're only at 4%.
Monroe contains the Keys, and they got absolutely slammed by the storm. Afaik, they still have no power or water out that way. :unsure:
Moh
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

It looks like Maria is ready to do some (more) serious damage to PR and the nearby islands...
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm

It's been really quite while I've been away here.

I'm in Nice, France right now and I'm fighting a cold that just came on. You have no idea how much it sucks to be in France and unable to taste any of the food because of a head cold! I'm so mad at myself for my body failing me. :(
Shoujo Q

Postby erilaz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm

^ Get well soon! Being sick on vacation suuuuuuucks. I was fighting nasty colds on two of my trips to Japan. The first time I went to my favorite record store in the world, RECOfan Shibuya, I had to cut my visit short and go back to my hotel, even though the store was open for a couple more hours, because my cold medicine was wearing off and I just couldn't go on.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 am

My random thought of the day: I've been browsing messenger and duffel bags on Amazon, and I've noticed something. Once you get away from the big-name designer brands (e.g., Fossil, Kenneth Cole) and the younger-but-still-well-known brands (e.g., Timbuk2, Herschel), there is only a relative handful of cheap, Chinese-made bags sold under a zillion different throwaway brands. You can find the same bag, with the same description and photos, listed a many, many times. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LJKK13Q
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BUQDJZU
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M33TCI3
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074K1ZZ2P

I could go on, but you get the idea. Note the prominently-placed and easily-photoshopped brown paper tag on each bag, for quick rebranding.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:57 am

I defended my first qualifying paper today for my graduate program (we do two before the dissertation). I was supposed to finish it by the end of my second year, but I got an extension for the summer. It's the last week of summer. :hehe:

It's been a really tough year for me in terms of mental health and being able to do work. I thought it'd be easy once summer starts, but I spent weeks being mostly in bed because I was just tired all the time. I started making myself go out to do work, and I'd be productive for maybe like 30 minutes, despite sitting at a coffee shop for several hours.

And then I was getting minor migraines every other day for like two weeks. It's been a summer of feeling miserable about myself, minus the nice things like going to concerts and art museums and doing stuff with friends.

One day I got out of bed around like 7am because I didn't feel like being in bed (for once), and just wrote for a few hours straight and finished and turned my paper in to my professors.

I managed to be pretty functional this week though. A friend of mine moved to a building a few minutes away, and he has a nice workout room in his building, so we've been working out every morning for a week now. I feel like I've been more myself again for a while now. My skin has been much better because I got into Korean skincare (sheet masks are really relaxing), and I think my anti-depressant made me gain a lot of weight so for the first time in my life I'm not underweight anymore and I feel better about myself.
esm
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 am

It's good that you're doing better and feeling better now - emotional-state and energy-related stuff can be tought to deal with. I think that people don't realize sometimes how much of a drain of productive time and just plain enjoying life it can be.

And congratulations on defending your paper!

Spoiler: show
I'm starting to get a better picture of how extensive the effects of my own messed-up brain chemistry are. My sleep cycle has been chaos (wide awake late at night, getting to sleep around 5:00 AM, waking up whenever) since my mid-teens, and probably earlier. So much of what I do in relation to people has been at least partially based on anticipating/containing/avoiding circumstances that run up against my sometimes very out-of-balance emotional responses - and on those responses themselves, of course. And as I've gotten older, my attention-span and ability to focus on a lot of tasks have gotten worse, if anything. (Thank you, modern technology! :mikihead: )
On the other hand, the more I understand what's going on, the eaiser it is to deal with it in a lot of ways.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby resop2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 am

Another house burns near me!

This time the house is on the other side of the street from my apartment building, about 100 ft up the street.

Unlike the other fire, this one looks like it was contained before huge flames erupted from every window. However, the house might still be totaled.

Apparently around 20 people were living there in a house that looks like it would support around 8-12 (four units, 2-3 people per).

It was probably more Darwin than arson that caused both fires, but in both cases the tenants were not well liked and tended to have loud violent arguments.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Starra » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm

I've been getting really bad anxiety due to my heart and not knowing what'll happen. Even though I'm seeing a surgeon in a week.

Anxiety really is the dumbest defence mechanism. It doesn't help me at all D:.
Starra
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm

I guess that anxiety is supposed to get you going if you're in immediate danger of being eaten by a leopard - but these days, we spend more time being anxious about things that we have to wait to handle than we do about leopards. (Which is good in a lot of ways, I suppose, but chronic anxiety just isn't healthy...)
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Celedam » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Celedam wrote:They're replacing/refitting the full-scale RX-78 Gundam at Odaiba Diver City. It's going to be an RX-0 Unicorn…

I don't know how I feel about this — the gee-whiz factor of the Unicorn is impressive, but classic Gundam is classic.

It officially debuted on Sunday…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby DSQueenie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:29 am

In one month it will be my six year anniversary on JPlop. I'm pretty sad I missed Juice=Juice in London but I guess that's what happens when your shift pattern is crazy. Way hay! 2am overtime!
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Minion

Postby resop2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:53 am

I wonder why at some gas stations I can fill my tank with the pump only stopping once when the tank is full while at other stations the pump will stop every one and a half seconds?
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project