The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:55 pm

What? How is Makoto (Sharan Q)/Inaba Atsuko wrong? XD

Also I am watching the old MM ASAYAN clips that were uploaded to H!O. It feels SO WEIRD looking back. They actually went to stores on their own to do PR, they recorded together in the studio and what not. There was also a quick Heike performance of GET, which was AMAZING. She needs to release something again.

This is why I love 1st gen so much. They can sing the pants of current MM.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby MiserableBastard » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Sutarrah wrote:This is why I love 1st gen so much. They can sing the pants of current MM.

That is very true. Current line up is lot weaker when it comes to singing, Ai and Reina are only ones that can be said to be good singers when compared to 1st gen.

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

And Linlin. When she tries. Risa can also sound good too.

But I love 1st gen the best. Nobody will ever beat them.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Rikku004 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:11 pm

1st gen were remnants of an actual talent competition. H!P hasn't been about talent since 4th gen. :D

that being said, they weren't anything to write home about when they first started IMO. they got REALLY good only years later.

but hey, there were times i thought Nacchi and Kaori were the worst singers in the group (back when i first started listening. i was always like. ugh. why are they giving her the mic xD). There were also times Yuko would be off for an entire song. and the other 1st gen weren't around long enough for me to really care.

and i think the good singers in MM are Ai, LinLin, and Reina (on many occasions). The OK ones with capability are Risa and Kamei. Sayumi fluctuates in and out a bit. Aika is a bit weaker than her (but then sometimes sounds like she's about to cough out a hairball). JunJun sounds like she's always out of breath (or she's speaking) when she sings. Koharu is....well...huh.
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:28 pm

I'm not saying 1st gen were perfect, because I know they weren't. However, neither are current MM. If we were to compare lineups in terms of talent, 1st/2nd gen would sound so much better than 5th/6th/7th/8th gen. The thing with 1st gen that we need to remember is that they weren't idols. The music industry was different back in the pre Y2K era. Listening to Ai no Tane, I'd go so far as to say that they sound pretty bad. But then I remind myself that none of them had had any vocal training what so ever and that they were amatures.

Kaori and Nacchi didn't sound that great at first, I agree. But they improved. Ayappe and Yuko have always had stable voices, imo. As with Asuka, she sounded good but not zomgawesome. Granted, she was only 13/14 at the time so if she'd stayed in MM for a few more years she would've gotten better.

I want my 1st gen reunion tour.
Starra
Prophet

Postby MiserableBastard » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Japanese pop scene has been like this quite long at least from 80's. There have been similar idol system since then, but in general on good old times singers were more talented.

You could check out Onyanko Club, there is little feeling of deja vu when comparing Momusu to them. Onyanko Club was lot shorter project than Momusu, but there are lot of similarities.

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby vegetarianbeefeater » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Rikku's comments on the current MM line up (espesh about JunJun) reminded me of this :laugh:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9qgtpgsEQ[/youtube]
vegetarianbeefeater
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sayummy

Postby Rikku004 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:56 pm

xD that was hilarious.

also... Makoto and Inaba are so into each other. Makoto looked at her like he couldn't wait for the darn concert to be over.
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby 2004114 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:34 pm

lol. the turn of events. wonder what will it look like if Berryz 18th release date wasn't delayed :?:
Senior Initiate

Postby Rikku004 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:40 am

lol. that's a thought.

i believe many H!P wota are AKB wota at the same time. combine those with the numbers of AKB fans picked up over this year and you have yourself a good first week.

the funny thing is someone would have to show me a picture of Ryon Ryon and the girls learning that choreo because i seriously can't believe that the mastermind behind Glass no Pumps, C/C, Maki's entire kickass G-Emotion tour, and EMYLI choreographed.....that. It was so.... standard.

that's at least one thing I cherish about H!P anyway. The dances are usually quirky and original. Each single song has a signature odd move that just works. sometimes the b-sides and the album songs also have some odd-coolness thrown in. :D
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby junklol » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:49 am

madayade pv = crap
rotarra pv = win
junklol
Initiate

Postby Rikku004 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:53 am

i enjoyed madayade more than rottara, actually. more was going on in it. :laugh:

but i don't see the logic in comparing videos all the time. it's not like in this case Rottara had a HUGE budget or anything.
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby RpgN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:03 am

To be honest, I'm not much into AKB. Even when I try to get into them, the singers aren't really grapping me or aren't special to me. Maybe it's just me...

And rotarra PV is out as well? *Runs to rotarra thread*
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Naomi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:10 am

junklol wrote:madayade pv = crap
rotarra pv = win

I got bored a minute in with the Rottara PV, so I stopped watching it. XD MADAYADE was okay, but at least it was interesting.
Naomi
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Yossie, Ayumi

Postby Conan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:44 am

RpgN wrote:To be honest, I'm not much into AKB.

I'm not, you're not, he's not, she's not, they're not, we're not. Just check the audience of AKB's board here. :lol: AKB wota is ex-H!P wota, but not current, because that's blasphemy and is condemned with public burn. It's just Rikku's way to self-convince about the inevitable big sales of AKB's latest single. It's not the gimmicks either, they've always done gimmicks. It might be that lately AKB is everywhere? Dramas and commercials. What H!P girls lack of! Yeah, that is.
Conan
Senior Initiate

Postby Rikku004 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 am

whoever said it's blasphemy? there are some AKB fans that are H!P fans. That's not new news.

anyway, Oogoe is my fave AKB song. So it's not like I'm hatin' on em for doing so well. It's a GOOD song. Last time I remember, I told rui that I hoped it would do well. And Like i said the one thing they've been doing right is giving their girls experience in the dorama circuit, something UF should consider for H!P. However, there's also no denying that the 91 handshake incentive was a pretty persuading one for lonely wota.

I believe that's all I've said to the extent of AKB.

My only other observation was that it was choreographed by Ryon Ryon, who's done a lot of hip hop dances (like the 2004 Kouhaku H!P performances). I didn't think she made the Oogoe dance very interesting as it just looked like an upbeat Romance, Irane. If you turn off the sound and and put the two dances next to each other, you'll see what I mean. I never said H!P wasn't guilty of that. I just mentioned that they have more original moves overall. But that's it.

lol. i don't even understand why I respond to your posts anymore. :rolleyes:
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Conan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:00 am

Rikku004 wrote:lol. i don't even understand why I respond to your posts anymore. :rolleyes:

Because you like me. :lol:

whoever said it's blasphemy?

The Gospel according to Yuko-sama. :!:
Conan
Senior Initiate

Postby Naomi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:47 am

Conan wrote:
RpgN wrote:To be honest, I'm not much into AKB.

I'm not, you're not, he's not, she's not, they're not, we're not. Just check the audience of AKB's board here. :lol:

That's because most of them are at STAGE48. If anyone wanted to talk about AKB48, you could just go there, so there's really no point in an AKB board here. XD
Naomi
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Yossie, Ayumi

Postby PoWeRBoI » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:47 am

To be competely honest, I can care less how amazing everyone thinks AKB48 is doing right now. It's not like they are all that to begin with. Truth is, MM is still a top notch group, and if giving the chance, can go way beyond that. I'm thinking that with all the changes going about, H!P is about to (hopefully) change things around and let 2009 be the year they begin their takeover in the world of j-pop. MM is very well balanced, C-ute is sparkling special, and Berryz is down right super. If given great direction and chances, H!P will have AKB48 will finding themselves riding super backseat to H!P. :rofl:
PoWeRBoI
Initiate

Postby Nouciel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:56 am

I didn't know where else to ask...

What is this? Egg Morisaki in some AKIBA-related event?

http://www.cs371.com/2008/10/23/akiba1023/
http://www.lyrian.net/archives/individual/002679.html
Nouciel
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project