The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Starra » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Anything in H!P bugging you? Have suggestions for UF*?

Vent about them and post useless stuff here.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

H!P pro wrestling news

Postby resop2 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:15 am

I don't know if this is a fan fic or pointless rant, but here goes:

Lovely Takahashi here with the Hello! Project Wrestling news:

In a most surprising and unexpected development, we have new tag team champions. For the third time Rika "Charmy" Ishikawa and Hitomi "Yossie" Yoshizawa have captured the title. What makes this so surprising is that they first won the title seven years ago and have won with three different presentations.

Let's stroll down memory lane.

Yossie and Charmy first won the titles in 2001. At the time they had a most unusual and controversial presentation. They were part of a faction known as "The Family" which also included Ai Kago and Nozomi Tsugi. This group was widely known for wearing period peasant costumes and acting like an impoverished family. Yossie was known for abusive and unpredictable behavior towards the other members of The Family.

The match where Yossie and Charmy won the titles from The Hawaiian Hammers (Ayaka Kimura and Mika Todd) was marred by controversy. While Ai Kago had the referee distracted Nozomi Tsuji interfered in the match allowing The Family to win.

However, two months later, The Family's luck ran out and they dropped the titles to The Hot Cops (Mari Yaguchi and Yuko Nakazawa) when Nozomi's interference backfired.

After this disappointing turn of events The Family disbanded and Yossie and Charmy went on to wrestle on many other well known teams.

But, time apparently heals all wounds, and early this year Yossie and Charmy formed a new faction, this time called The Varsity Club along with Asumi Konno and Erina Mano. In a moment that many felt was a very dark day in Hello! Project Wrestling history, the Varsity club upset The Pink Ladies (Ai Takahashi and Risa Niigaki) when Asumi distracted the referee and Erina caught Ai Takahashi with a sucker punch. I still hurt from the punch, even though I am not Ai Takahashi but Lovely Takahashi.

Then, in a moment of history repeating itself, The Varsity Club lost the titles to GakiKamei (Risa Niigaki and Eri Kamei) when Erina's interference backfired.

GakiKamei held on to the title in a very determined fashion, repeatedly turning back the Varsity Club's challenges. Finally, the Varsity Club said that if they lost again then Yossie and Charmy would not challenge again for the titles. When GakiKamei won they thought that their problems were behind them, but they were just starting.

The very next week GakiKamei took the challenge of the mysterious new team of hANGRY and ANGRY. This new team scored a shocking upset, winning the titles. After the match, controversy broke out when GakiKamei claimed that hANGRY and ANGRY were really Yossie and Charmy in disguise. Surprisingly, Yossie and Charmy freely admitted that they were hANGRY and ANGRY, but they really hadn't gone back on their word because hANGRY and ANGRY were a completely different look and style than Yossie and Charmy so they were really like a different team.

So there you have it. Three title reigns over the course of seven years with three different presentations. Will hANGRY and ANGRY be able to have a longer title run than their previous incarnations? Tune in each week for Hello! Project Wresting News to find out.

This is your reporter, Lovely Takahashi.
resop2
Skeptic

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Pavlova » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:52 am

Eeeeeh this thread falling off the first page? woah!

anywas,I've been watching the mari & nozomi alo-hello

seriously.. i know why I like H!P so much: it puts a smile on my face everytime I see something by them (that is subbed)... like tv shows and so on. it makes me happy.
Pavlova

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby 22Tsuji22 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:42 am

^ Oh I know! I want to watch re-watch the Sports Festivals...I watched the Mechaike with Morning Musume...those were funny! xD

I love the Hello!Morning Skits too
22Tsuji22
Acolyte

Postby Starra » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm

H!P members who are taller than me:
-Kaori
-Yossy
-Junjun
-Ume
-Maimi
-Maasa
-Yulina
-Sayaka
-Ruru
-Miyoshi Chinatsu
-Shimmin

Skawt, don't even say anything XD.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Naomi » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Sutarrah wrote:H!P members who are taller than me:

I'm not sure if Yurina's my height or taller (centimeters to feet confuses me. XD), so either Yurina's the only member who's taller than me or I'm taller than all H!P members. =D

Edit
I think Yurina's just a little bit taller than I am.
Naomi
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Yossie, Ayumi

Postby Rikku004 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Im 5'5". so... about 168 cm-ish (4 you peeps with the metricks).
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Starra » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm 163cm, so whatever that is. I don't do feet XD.
Starra
Prophet

Postby PoWeRBoI » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm a 22 and Yurina is my height.... I don't want to picture her at 22 *runs and hides n a bomb shelter*
PoWeRBoI
Initiate

Postby Rm88 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:26 pm

H!P members who are taller than me:

>_<
Rm88

Favorite Idol: Momochi

Postby Menno » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Has anyone got any opinion on the fact that the new AKB single is beating H!P

Oogoe Diamond daily chart and index numbers:
xx - *3 - *3 - *3 - *3 - *3 - ??
xx + 8,461 + 4,126 + 3,495 + 3,534 + 4,882 + ? = 24,498 (x1,75)= 42,872

With a bit of luck they will reach the 50k tomorrow.

Is AKB now taking over from H!P? Or is this just the 91 handshake events, the 19 different covers and the 90 different pictures inflating the sales?

I don't think H!P should worry, they shouldn't do the same as AKB to get a hit. Even when the media will report that AKB has taken over in the coming days. Crazy actions will only make it look desperate and won't work in the long run. In this light the H!P events are very reasonable, it's promotes multiple copy buying but it's not absolutely necessary to buy an insanely amount of singles to get that ticket. H!P just have to go on and work with the stability that Berryz and C-ute have and let MM not drop too much further and everything will be all right in the long run.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby skawt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:05 am

it's the handshakes, covers and pictures.
don't worry.

h!p's sales always increase with handshake events too 8D
skawt
Senior Initiate

Postby Naomi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:20 am

Menno wrote:With a bit of luck they will reach the 50k tomorrow.

50k?! Go AKB - I mean, sorry H!P. :D
Naomi
Acolyte

Postby Rikku004 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:38 am

i also heard that you have to buy more than one single in order to get more than one handshake.

which is quite different from the H!P version of buy a single, get in a raffle to get all 7 or 9 or however many handshakes. but i do agree men0. i think it's good the way H!P does it simply because it's not exactly monopolizing.

Oogoe's the only AKB song i like. plus, i mean their girls have been doing so much visible work this year (though i think MenDol is detestable and i absolutely hate their fetishism and gravure work), it's not surprising that they harbored fans up. so i don't mind. it's funny though how all of a sudden to AKB fans this is the BEST SONG EVAR when more people hated it when they heard it. XD

on the other hand, since i highly doubt Owhorey is goona make 10k in a month, they ought to let the ho go. lulz.

the only (ONLY) example i'd have H!P take from AKB is to see how they're putting their girls in dorama and variety. i remember on a blog someone posted AKB's schedule for the month of October. about 18 slots on TV shows ALONE (not including the "doramas" they are participating in). Also, they were almost on tv every other day if not every other week this year. It's completely beyond me why they even continue to excessively cater to such barbaric wota-extremists as their fans. AKB could have Japan's young people at their fingertips if they wanted to. But i guess the gloves (and the skirts) must come off first. :rolleyes: Yes, H!P did step it up a bit with their anime work, theater work, a tad bit of dorama, and the Berryz heading on to IQ Supli even though they're just for decoration. but they're going to have to step themselves up. 3 major variety shows a year is NOT going to cut it. they might not have all the connections a powerful tv producer might have in this regard, but unless they feel like totally bottoming out now, they're gonna have to do better.

2009 must be that fresh new start. they don't have any other choice.
Last edited by Rikku004 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Naomi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 am

Rikku004 wrote:Oogoe's the only AKB song i like. plus, i mean their girls have been doing so much visible work this year (though i think MenDol is detestable and i absolutely hate their fetishism and gravure work), it's not surprising that they harbored fans up. so i don't mind. it's funny though how all of a sudden to AKB fans this is the BEST SONG EVAR when more people hated it when they heard it. XD

That's because before it was released, a demo-type thing leaked and it sounded a lot different. Plus it took some getting used to since it's not what some fans expected.

And how would you know that AKB fans didn't like Oogoe Diamond? As far as I remember, no one mentioned not liking the song at the AKB thread at JPM. The only place I can think of where fans said they didn't like it was STAGE48, and I don't know why'd you even be over there since you seem to hate the group so much. You really seem to know a lot about AKB for someone who doesn't like it... ;D
Naomi
Acolyte

Postby Rikku004 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 am

didn't i mention a blog? it was linked to intlwota. i don't remember what it was called, but i read somewhere that AKB fans "hated" Oogoe. so i assumed people didn't like it. maybe that wasn't the case.

anyway, you have to know your enemy. lol. no. actually i just come across interesting reads. most of the information i get on them is through blogs. that's where i found out about the handshake copies thing.

i could care less about JE groups. i only know like 5 people's names off the top of my head. but i still read their gossip blogs. like the one that mentioned the huge orgy that the AKB girls got kicked out on the street in the middle of the night. XD
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 am

Rikku004 wrote:the only (ONLY) example i'd have H!P take from AKB is to see how they're putting their girls in dorama and variety. i remember on a blog someone posted AKB's schedule for the month of October. about 18 slots on TV shows ALONE (not including the "doramas" they are participating in). Also, they were almost on tv every other day if not every other week this year. It's completely beyond me why they even continue to excessively cater to such barbaric wota-extremists as their fans. AKB could have Japan's young people at their fingertips if they wanted to. But i guess the gloves (and the skirts) must come off first. :rolleyes: Yes, H!P did step it up a bit with their anime work, theater work, a tad bit of dorama, and the Berryz heading on to IQ Supli even though they're just for decoration. but they're going to have to step themselves up. 3 major variety shows a year is NOT going to cut it. they might not have all the connections a powerful tv producer might have in this regard, but unless they feel like totally bottoming out now, they're gonna have to do better.

2009 must be that fresh new start. they don't have any other choice.

I sort of imagine that if you walk into Up-Front's offices you see all these chain-smoking middle-aged pachinko-playing people with gravelly voices and bored looks on their faces, and they're the ones responsible for brainstorming, publicity, hiring, scheduling, etc.

Whereas if you go into AKB's offices there's some of the above but some younger, leaner hungrier people in decision-making positions.

I know that's contradicted by the mere fact of just looking at Akimoto vs. Tsunku but, even so. :?:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby Rikku004 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:45 am

i dunno about younger.

i associate younger people with progressiveness. and i think in most cases AKB's image is really stuck in the past.

ah now i have your UF image etched in my brain. XD and it works! :D
Last edited by Rikku004 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikku004
Senior Initiate

Postby Menno » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 am

How many people actually gave their opinion about the song on the old JPM? Everybody that cares is over at Stage48. Anyway AKB needs to sell some singles to pay for all the investments for this relaunch on the new label. Although it might not be too much since the AKB girls are on 13 different agencies, the investments are spread, but the profits all go to Akimoto and King Records.

I guess as long H!P is able to sell 12+ singles over 30k in 1 year with 6 different groups, there's no need to worry. And it's not like AKB suddenly pulls a Perfume, it's more likely their sales will go down with the next releases. I would be more worried if AKBs setlist album had been selling 1,000 copies every week for several months like Perfumes Complete Best did for more then a year.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby Conan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:52 am

Menno wrote:Has anyone got any opinion on the fact that the new AKB single is beating H!P

Oogoe Diamond daily chart and index numbers:
xx - *3 - *3 - *3 - *3 - *3 - ??
xx + 8,461 + 4,126 + 3,495 + 3,534 + 4,882 + ? = 24,498 (x1,75)= 42,872

With a bit of luck they will reach the 50k tomorrow.

Totally by chance, I checked AKB's wiki page yesterday and saw the 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 and so on. I didn't want to look at Pepper ranks, and I didn't even want to look at the sales figures. If anything it will hurt UFA so bad they're gonna held auditions and add five new members to Morning Musume. I don't wanna read what the media will have to say about this. Wait Berryz Best to surpass MM All Singles, and they're done! :tmi:

Anyway. Who invited Rikku004 and Ahiko? We're gonna have immense fights again! Who's next to come, NATE? Hello? :call:
Conan
Senior Initiate

Next

Return to Hello! Project